Wow, it’s been way too long since we’ve posted here. We have spent a good deal of effort trying to put a decent upgrade to Your World out. We are really pleased with the results.
Some recent feedback (in July 2012)…
Jul 27, 2012 by miskairal
Wonderful – This is a great way to learn the countries. My only request is to make some of the writing bigger on some of the countries please???
Jul 25, 2012 by Ksskj8
Libyan flag is wrong – I think the flag is back to 2004 it changed during 2011 can you update?
Jul 22, 2012 by Yusufelbursevi
Tavsiye edilir – Ulkelerin cografi yerlerini ogrenmek icin cok guzel bir uygulama ayrica wikipedia baglantisi ile ulkeler hakkinda bir cok sey ogrenebiliyorsunuz
Jul 17, 2012 by Idan Abarbanel
Good game – A few tips to make it better:seperate uk to england wales scotland an north ireland and add the next countries:abkhazia,south ossetia,Azawad,transnistria,nagorno-karabakh,adjar a,jan mayen,gagauzia,svalbard.it will make a lot better
Jul 13, 2012 by Tut1643
A fabulous app – A great tool for learning the location of countries and the states of USA. Looking forward to the addition of extra challenges being added to the app.
Here’s the quite lengthy list of new stuff (from AppStore description)…
• Over 270 countries and territories
• U.S. states and five continent levels
• Huge 100-megapixel earth, full HD for iPad
• Swipe, twirl and pinch-zoom to spin the earth.
• Realistic globe shows the world’s oceans, forests, snow, mountains and deserts.
• Facebook and Twitter sharing (including posting images)
• Save screenshots to Photo Album
• Game Center achievements and leaderboards
• Game timer (best times are added to leaderboards)
• Wikipedia links for all countries and territories
• Two ethereal soundtracks to choose from
• Compass (tap to point north upwards)
Phew! We almost bit off more than we could chew. This release is setting the stage for some nice additional polishing features, but, as always, we are interested in your views about what we should add next.
One interesting thing to note is some of the statistics about which countries people are placing. We created this chart that shows how many people (in a few weeks) get through each country.
On a different subject, our app ranking (for Australia) has been quite good with us in the top 100-200 for both iPhone and iPad. The U.S. has been a different story, and we haven’t been able to get within a whiff of the top 500! If you have any U.S. based friends and family, please tell them about Your World!